Lemon Madeleines for a Quick and Easy Tea-Time Treat

I'm sure I'm not the only foodie that has succumbed to the temptations of a French Cookware shop. Let's just say that I have a few pans that I've yet to use, but can't bear to part with because of how pretty they look. Occasionally I justify their existence my whipping them out and making something delicious. French Madeleines are baked in shell-shaped pans and as they are better eaten on the same day, I only make a small batch, which needs just a single egg. Great for when you're in the mood for baking something but find that you're running low on eggs, which in our household is an all too frequent occurrence. 

Lemon Madeleines



Lemon Madeleines

Ingredients
1 large egg
50g caster sugar
50g butter, melted and cooled slightly
50g self-raising flour
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp baking powder

Method
1. Beat egg and caster sugar together until well-mixed and frothy.
2. Add the rest of your ingredients and beat until light. It should resemble a batter.
3. Put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes and set your oven to 200C.
A cooler batter in this case creates a better rise.
4. Prepare the madeleine pan by greasing. I use Onken Cake Release Spray.
5. Divide the batter between the madeleine pans, adding just enough to fill each pan by 3/4.
6. Bake for 8-10 mins.

Enjoy with a nice cup of tea.

Clementine.

Comments

Popular Posts