Light and Fluffy Tiramisu Dessert

With my thoughts happily floating through my lovely memories of Tuscany, I decided to carry on with the Italian theme this week and made a Tiramisu, using a family recipe I received from a lab mate I met while studying for my PhD. I've spent this week thinking rather a lot of my own lab experiences (following the Tim Hunt furore) and realised that in my own experience, labs were quite social places.  Yes, there was the odd lab relationship, but workplace romances happen in other places too, not just in science!

Light and Fluffy Tiramisu Dessert


Light and Fluffy Tiramisu

Ingredients
3 eggs, separated
3 tsp caster sugar
300g marscarpone cheese
1 pack of lady fingers biscuits
1 mug of coffee
Cocoa for dusting

Method
1. Add sugar and marscarpone cheese to the egg yolks and beat until smooth.
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff and add this to previous mixture. This is the tiramisu cream.
3. Take a dish (30cm x 20cm), put a thin layer of the cream on the bottom.
4. Dip lady fingers in coffee and place a layer of biscuits on top of the cream.
5. Cover with tiramisu cream.
6. Arrange a second layer of coffee-dipped lady finger biscuits and cover with the rest of the tiramisu cream.
7. Sprinkle with cocoa.
8. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hrs to set.

Enjoy!

Clementine.




Comments

Popular Posts