The weather has been absolutely foul over the past week and late-autumn in Scotland means that the days are incredibly dark at the moment. At the moment I've been wanting to eat comfort food all the time, and Toad-in-the-Hole seemed an obvious choice after I purchased some delicious pork sausages.
175g gluten-free self-raising flour
pinch of salt
1tbsp grain mustard
60ml vegetable oil (divided between 6 muffin pans)
1. Preheat oven to 225C.
2. Take a deep muffin tray and divide the oil between 6 of the pans. Place in oven until very hot.
3. Cook sausages until lightly golden. Drain using kitchen paper.
4. Whisk together flour, eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
5. Divide the batter between the 6 muffin pans and place a sausage in each.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until golden brown.
7. Serve immediately.